Pages

Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Number Birthday Card

This card was inspired by a sketch (126) over at the Clean and Simple Stamping Blog.  When it comes to birthday cards for children you cannot go wrong with a big old number on the front.  They are so proud of their newer, older status (so at what point does that change I wonder?!)  I find it particularly good for boys too, who don't necessarily appreciate a bunch of fuss and frill.

 I started by stamping up some white card using the Circle Circus stamp set, and three different ink colours (Crumb Cake, Cajun Craze and Marina Mist) to make my own, one of a kind, 'patterned paper'.  Then after all of that, I only ended up using a couple of little strips of it on the front of the card, and another on the inside.  The dies used for this card were Timeless Type Junior Alphabet, and Lots of Tags. The sentiment is from my favourite, and most used (but sadly now retired) birthday set - A Little Birthday Cheer.

No comments:

Post a Comment