Pages

Friday, November 13, 2009

And now a Christmas Carousel Note card.

While I was playing around making this carousel note card, I got to thinking that those carousel notes did look a little bit like a mighty big Christmas ornament, and how that could work well for a Christmas card.  So that became part two of my carousel note challenge.  To add to the fun I decided to work with a non-christmas stamp set that is another of my favourites, and which I know a lot of you have yourselves - the ever lovely Baroque Motifs.  (I should point out here that the greeting came from the 'Occasional Greetings' set and not Baroque Motifs).  I have probably said it before but this is such a versatile set - beautiful for backgrounds or the main focus, and any and all occasions - including Christmas.  I used a Ruby Red carousel note, and teamed it up with some kiwi kiss, for a more traditional red and green christmas look.



This time round I decided to work with just one of the carousel notes as the front of the card, and then attached a more conventionally shaped card behind it.  This way you get the scalloped circle look, but can still stand the card up easily, a bit like an easel. 


After stamping up the vanilla circle with the vines, flowers and greeting, I sponged the edge of the circle with kiwi kiss ink, and then used a two way glue pen to add a dash of diamonds to the flowers - Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without some glitter.  It doesn't show up so well here, but in real life - it's sparkly!


The top of the 'ornament' was made from a round tab punch of kiwi card, folded in half then adhered to the top of the carousel note (purely decorative this time, not an actual hinge like on the last card).  The finishing touch was a kiwi kiss ribbon bow at the top of the ornament, and some stamping and sponging on the inside of the card.

This really was a quick and easy card to make, but I think it looks really special, and definitely a little out of the ordinary. This card could even double as an ornament - just by threading some linen thread, or even some more ribbon, through the folded round tab at the top.  Might not work so well on those really little trees though!

No comments:

Post a Comment