Pages

Friday, October 16, 2009

Little stamps with lots of layers

I haven't quite finished with my challenge to use those little image stamps.  This time round it is all about one teeny tiny stamped image, and then lots of layers to make that little image appear bigger than it is.  I really liked how I got to use lots of different tools and techniques and yet the cards still have a nice, clean and simple look to them.

The first one made use of a handy little 'love note' and matching envelope - working with the small image/small project idea. 

The heart was stamped and embossed with gold, to make it that little bit more special, then layered on gold card to really give it some sparkle. I used stampin' dimensionals to attach it to a layer of white card, and then attached it all to a crimped red layer before attaching to the card front. 

Just to show you how this idea works with more standard sized cards, here it is again.  This time I added another layer of gold to seperate the crimped red from the red card base, and added an embossed gold greeting. 

I really like the textural interest of the embossing, raised layers, and crimped card, as well as that metallic shine.  It all works together to give the feel of one larger image, rather than just that original little heart.  Why is it though, that when it comes to embossing, I can never just look, I always have to touch it too?

Next I used the same idea to make this birthday card. 

No embossing this time.  The image was stamped with basic gray ink and then coloured using pastels (chalks) and a blender pen.  I did keep the crimped layer, and for added textural interest I roughed up the edges of the other layers (no fancy tools needed -  fingernails work fine!) 

Add some coordinating embellishments, such as these brads, stamp a greeting, and the birthday card is done.  What I like best is that this card could work for boys or girls, of almost any age. - very handy! You don't always find a card like that!

And did you notice - all bold brights again (and this time it wasn't on purpose!)  I am starting to think that the images from the short and sweet stampset, and bold brights colours, were made for each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment