Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Cheep Talk Sweet Sunday Challenge

It feels like it has been a while since I sat down and did some craft stuff, let alone blog about it! This morning was spent helping the boys with their holiday scrapbook projects (and then helping Bridie make her own mini version). This afternoon it was time to do some stuff for me, but I was lacking inspiration. Time for the latest Sweet Sunday sketch challenge from Karen Giron - the perfect kick in the pants!

This was the sketch for this week...

This is what I came up with. It was the first time I had used the 'Cheep Talk' stamp set, and all the inking was done using stampin' markers. Colours used were mellow moss, close to cocoa, so saffron and really rust (with card to match) and I am really pleased with how they look together.

It did take me a little while to settle on a sentiment, and several different stamp sets were trialed, but the final winner was this 'thank you' from the 'Family Phrases' set. It was also a good chance for me to break out one of the lovely new brads from the Spring Mini Catalogue - a 5/8" jumbo choc chip brad, to help balance the card out a bit (it was feeling a little lopsided!).

I must confess that I am finding sketch challenges a little bit, well, challenging! A lot more so than the colour challenges. I find myself tempted to add or subtract elements, or rearrange them all. Not that I don't like the original sketch, just that, I get a little sidetracked! The first version of this card ended up like this...


I really liked the simplicity of it. It was done. Then I realised, it doesn't really match the sketch! Oops, cue version two (but I'm keeping version one too, and best of all, I now have a good start on a set of coordinating cards). Does anyone else have that trouble?

1 comment:

  1. love the colours (so used to seeing bright birdies) I too really struggle with Sketches - must do more - eek have to do one for Janet's corrosive challenge by tomorrow - oh well on first glass of wine after work - sure the inspiration will kick in soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete