Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

My little girl's birthday card

This week we have been celebrating Bridie's birthday. She is officially three, and although I still like to think of her as little, she tells me she is a big girl now. I don't know about that. What I do know, is that she knows what she likes. Pink and Purple. Glitter. Dancing and music. Her dolls. Did I mention Pink and Purple? You can be sure that if I didn't she will have!
When it came time to make Bridie a birthday card the boys decided to go with a store bought card instead. Mum didn't have any Barbie or Disney Princess stamps in her stash, and they had seen a little card (Snow White, Cinderella ... all the Disney favourites) at the supermarket that they thought would be perfect. Who am I to argue with a big brother or two? Turns out they were right - she loved it.
I on the otherhand decided to go Mummy made. That said - this little dancing girl was the original creative genius of someone else - sorry - not sure who made her first, but I was introduced to her by the lovely Karen Rogers. (I am not sure if Karen has featured her on her blog before - she shared her on our demonstrator team forum - but you should go visit her anyway, as she has some lovely stuff over there).
So anyway, after that rather lengthy introduction, here she is - pretty in pink, with added sparkle - Bridie's dancing girl birthday card...

Isn't she pretty?!

Punches used to make her were the scallop circle, word window, heart to heart, 3/4" circle, and I used my cropadile to punch out those little blue eyes. Sponge a bit of pink ink around the edges, add some glitter to her skirt, stampin dimensionals to give her some lift, and a stamped greeting from the 'Occasional Greetings' set, and you have one happy little birthday girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment