Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Pots of Fun....

Not to mention, flowers! This is a fun flower pot card, that I have been seeing a lot lately. It seemed like the perfect project to use up those flowers so carefully stamped and cut out, then abandoned in favour of monsters, back in this post. Luckily they were abandoned to a safe place, and not the rubbish, so this card came together very quickly. (Now I just need to find a project to use up all those carefully stamped, cut out, and abandoned shells, from, the other day!)


I'm not sure who first came up with this idea, but I got the directions from Stephanie Luman. The card is a smaller one, so I am thinking next time I may make it a little bigger. I also used some tape to help hold the pot closed, and the card in place, rather than just have the ribbon holding it all together.


As you can see, the pot is kind of like the envelope (although the whole thing does fit in an actual envelope, for posting if you want), and the flowers are attached to the inside card that pulls up and out.

The neat thing about this project is that it can be changed in so many ways - change the colours and flowers, throw in a butterfly, or other bugs, go for an all green pot plant, or other favourites such as cactus or bonsai.... It could also been a fun way to have some hidden journalling on a scrapbook page, don't you think?
............Edited to add..........
Flowers are stamped using the Eastern Blooms set, and I also stamped the bottom of the flower pot with choc chip ink, and the 'sanded' background stamp - although that is a bit hard to see on the photos. Colours are tempting turquoise, red riding hood, so saffron and choc chip, with a bit of (retired) wild wasabi for the leaves.

1 comment:

  1. lovely Tracee - you've reminded me about a pile of cut flowers I have sitting somewhere in the mess called my craft desk

    ReplyDelete