Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

More Random Thoughts...

It has been a bit quiet around here this week - you may have noticed that already! The cold I thought was going to be easily beaten has come back for another round - cough cough, sniffle sniffle. Whoever invented Codral Colds - THANK YOU! But maybe next time if they could stop the coughing and sore throats that would be good.

One good thing to come from it though - more inspiration. Who knew a box of tissues could be so helpful! Those boxes are just so darn pretty!

Midst the coughing and sniffling I have managed a bit of creating. I have discovered the problem with having all that inspiration, is not only the lack of time, but deciding where to start. Or trying to stick to one project at a time. I have several things that are at various stages of planning and creating, and will hopefully start sharing those during this week. I have completed a double page layout (does it count as two if it is a double page layout?!) so that will probably be first.

We have also been helping Hayden to make a big papier mache peach for his book report presentation (three guesses what the book is). I love it when we can go to the closet/Mum's 'craft room' and find just what we need. Helps me to justify having the stuff in the first place!

Speaking of stuff, don't forget the embellishment shares that I am running - contact me if you would like to take advantage of this offer. You can find all the details in this post.

Now a few more catalogue related comments...
  • You will remember a few posts back I listed some corrections to the new catalogue. I was hoping that would be the end of that, but unfortunately it wasn't. I am pleased that they are now available on the customer SU website - see the link on the sidebar, or click here to go straight to the latest version.
  • I have also added sidebar links for the supplies list for all the projects shown in the catalogue. If you see something you like, you can check here to see exactly what colours and supplies were used to create it. There are two versions - this one has photos and text, while this one is a text only file.
  • Some really good news, is that with this new catalogue SU are making the move to all diecut stamps. Although you will still need to assemble them yourself, you will nolonger have to cut them out first. Although trimming the stamps wasn't difficult, it was a little bit nerve wracking, and certainly time consuming, so I am especially pleased about this. All the new stamp sets are diecut, and all of the stamp sets that have carried over from the previous catalogue will be diecut, once existing 'trim your own' supplies are exhausted.
  • Did you notice that we now have all the stampin' write markers available individually? YAY! I am especially pleased about this. You can still buy the colour family packs if you want (with the exception of the 'in colors'), but if you prefer, you can now get just your most favourite colours. I have heard about a clever way to make your own 'in colour' markers though, so will share that with you some time soon (have to have a little play myself first!)
  • Fingers crossed, it is looking like the shipping delays that we would expect with the end of one catalogue and the beginning of a new one (all those extra orders being placed!) may be finished, and shipping times should be back to 'normal'. There are still some items on backorder, but hopefully they will be arriving soon too.

I am also looking forward to another colour challenge from Kristina Werner coming soon. Why don't you join in too? You don't have to display your project for all the world to see, but I bet you will enjoy it!

(How much am I loving links in this post? Dare you to click on one!)

Told you they were random thoughts! I blame the codral colds.

No comments:

Post a Comment